|Jen Lancaster reading a passage of her book.|
- Doesn't watch Friends or Buffy because the shoes bother her. ("They're running in like 5 inch heels!")
- She read a passage about why she and Fletch won't have kids. It had to do with a 6-year-old named Margaux at Whole Foods who had very peculiar and specific taste in sushi.
- She talked about a spray tan gone wrong, where she ended up looking like shoe polish.
- Her next fiction book is about High School girls, time travel and Whitesnake. It has an awesomely mean character and will be out February 2013.
- Her next memoir is called The Tao of Martha - she is living an entire year following Martha's words/instructions/recipes.
- Most recent in her Year of Martha was an Easter function she held with her friends. She wanted to do it all according to Martha, but things went awry.
- It involved hiding Easter eggs in yard too early...when the sun was shining...on a hot day...
- Squirrels really dig reeses peanut butter cups.
- Doesn't like 50 Shades of Grey and won't read the next two because she "feels like she know what happens."
- Thinks hotels without the Bravo channel is criminal.
- When she doesn't have Bravo, she watches E!, and has subsequently fallen in love with Ice Loves Coco. She thinks Ice is funny, Coco is sweet.
- Thinks both Ice + Coco are charming.
- Would love Melissa McCarthy to play her in movie.
- Her books have been pitched around to become movies, and she laughed that someone gave her book to Jerry Bruckheimer.
Seriously, I had to stop taking notes because I found everything funny and awesome with her.I didn't get anything signed; a bit because the crowd was SO big it would have taken me 9823479 hours to get to her since I didn't have a wristband yet, but mostly because I already own 2 of her books in paperback and Jeneration X (which I think BN was being super strict about and you had to have that to get something signed) is only in hardcover. I'm neurotic and can't have mixed formats, so I decided that just seeing her and being there was enough.
I'll probably regret that in like a week, when I never have a chance to see her again, but that's ok!
If you ever have a chance of going to an appearance of hers, or if you're in time for one of her many TV appearances, seriously, DO IT. She's hilarious and awesome. And if you haven't read any of her memoirs, I highly recommend them.