Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine
meant to highlight an upcoming release we're excited for!
Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith
Katherine Tegan Books, 400 pages
Expected US Release Date: May 28, 2013
Things you earnestly believe will happen while your parents are away:
1. You will remember to water the azaleas.
2. You will take detailed, accurate messages.
3. You will call your older brother, Denny, if even the slightest thing goes wrong.
4. You and your best friend/bandmate Lukas will win Battle of the Bands.
5. Amid the thrill of victory, Lukas will finally realize you are the girl of his dreams.
Things that actually happen:
1. A stranger calls who says he knew your sister.
2. He says he has her stuff.
3. What stuff? Her stuff.
4. You tell him your parents won’t be able to—
5. Sukey died five years ago; can’t he—
6. You pick up a pen.
7. You scribble down the address.
8. You get on your bike and go.
9. Things . . . get a little crazy after that.*
*also, you fall in love, but not with Lukas.
Both exhilarating and wrenching, Hilary T. Smith’s debut novel captures the messy glory of being alive, as seventeen-year-old Kiri Byrd discovers love, loss, chaos, and murder woven into a summer of music, madness, piercing heartbreak, and intoxicating joy.
First of all, I'm pretty much guaranteed to like any book whose summary is in list form. I love lists. Who doesn't like them?! But also, this book sounds brilliant and I hear NOTHING but good things. The moment I saw the book during the Tea Time chat with the brilliant Epic Reads ladies two weeks ago, I knew I wanted to read it - and all I hear are fabulous things about it. It's top of my list now, and I am DYING to get my hands on it.
(Which also means, if anyone has it and wants to loan or trade me - please do!)
What book are you eagerly awaiting?
Leave your link and I'll hop by!